From March 1-31, you are invited to be part of the madness!
We’re not talking basketball!
We’re talking about tackling hunger right here in Cary!
We will be collecting food in competition with the Kirk of Kildaire for Backpack Buddies and Dorcas Ministries. Bring your food items to one of the boxes outside the church office or in the narthex starting next Sunday, March 1. There will be collection boxes for some of your favorite regional teams (UNC, Duke, NCSU, WFU, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Campbell). There will even be a “I Don’t Care” box!
If you don’t see your team’s box, feel free to make one and add it to the collection. There will be a team winner within GFBC and a church winner once the two churches count the total amount of food donated.
Preferred food items include the following:
- Canned meats and stews, ravioli, mac & cheese
- Ramen noodles
- Individual entrees like chicken and dumplings, canned soup with poptops
- Individual cereal boxes,
- 100% juice boxes, milk boxes,
- Healthy snacks and breakfast bars, crackers and granola bars, individual cookie snacks (like TeddyGrahams)
- Jars of peanut butter and jelly
- Individual applesauce and fruit cups