We will be hosting WIHN from March 24 through March 31. We will open up our church and hearts for homeless families this week. Three to five families will call GFBC home for one week. It takes about 75 volunteers to host Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network (WIHN). Be a volunteer and make a difference for homeless families. Volunteer to help host WIHN.
How can you help:
- Van Drivers - Take our guests to and from the WIHN Day Center on Method Road off Western Blvd, driving WIHN's van and leaving our chuch at the following times:
- In the morning at 6:35AM weekdays, Saturday 8:10AM and Sunday 7:25AM
- In the afternoon at 5:15PM on weekdays, Saturday and Sunday 5:00PM
- Overnight Hosts - Arrive at Church at 8pm and leave early the next morning. Each overnight host is provided with a rollaway bed in a Sunday School room. A male and female host are needed each night. Your children are welcome to join you.
- Prepare Supper - Help prepare or serve supper nightly
- Sunday the 24th setup rooms after the 11am service - The rollaway beds are unloaded, placed in the rooms. Chairs are stacked up out of hte way. Beds are made. With enough help, we will be finished in 30 minutes.
- Sunday the 31st at 7:30am prepare the rooms for Sunday School - The linen is gathered, the beds are loaded, chairs setup for Sunday School, rooms are vaccumed. With enough help, we will be finished in 30-45 minutes.